Code of Ethics
We, the members of the Shreveport-Bossier Apartment Association, recognizing our duty to the public and the intimate nature of the relationship between the apartment resident and the owner or manager, and being aware of the increasing role of the apartment industry in providing the home of the future, and in order to provide the apartment residing public, with maximum in quality and service upon the highest standards of integrity, do hereby bind ourselves with each and every member, together and alone, agreeing that, so long as we remain members of the Shreveport-Bossier Apartment Association, and so long as nothing contained herein shall be unlawful, we shall:
Promote, employ and maintain a high standard of integrity in the establishment of all other rental obligations and services in the operation of our apartment projects.
- Strive continually to promote the education and fraternity of the membership and to promote the progress and dignity of the apartment industry in creating a better image of itself in order that the public may be better served.
- Seek to provide better values so that an even greater share of the public may enjoy the many benefits of apartment living.
- Treat our residents, competitors, and business suppliers/vendors with respect and integrity.
- Encourage personnel to be proactive in and otherwise supportive of the association and community based programs and to conduct themselves appropriately at such functions.
- Endeavor to expose all schemes to mislead or defraud the apartment residents, through advertising or otherwise by means of deceptive, misleading or fraudulent statements, misrepresentation or the use of implications, unwarranted by fact or reasonable probability.
The Shreveport-Bossier Apartment Association reserves the right to deny, suspend or terminate membership in the association for any member who knowingly and repeatedly violates this Code of Ethics and fails to promptly and properly rectify any violations.